Dr Richard Douglas Kamara,
PhD (Public Management and Development Planning) Adjunct Lecturer
ABOUT RICHARD DOUGLAS KAMARA
Richard holds a PhD in Public Management and Development Planning (Stellenbosch University) and a Master’s degree in Development Studies (Nelson Mandela University).
He is a certified trainer for ATLAS.ti. A Computerised Qualitative Data Analysis Software. He is a trained facilitator for R Programming Software used for Statistical Computing.
Richard is a postgraduate supervisor and an examiner at the University of South Africa and Nelson Mandela University.
My primary research interests are in the design and implementation of development interventions, particularly the socioeconomic and cultural dimensions of intervention strategies and their effects on the rural inhabitants.
- Journal of Business and Economic Development(JBED), USA – Member of Editorial Board
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Canada – External Reviewer (SSHRC Merit review for research grants and fellowships)
- Technium Social Science Journal (Constantia, Romania) – Reviewer
- Kamara, R.D. (2017). Creating Enhanced Capacity for Local Economic Development (LED) through Collaborative Governance in South Africa. SocioEconomic Challenges, 1(3), 98-115. http://armgpublishing.sumdu.edu.ua/journals/sec/issue-3/article-9/
- Kamara, R. D., Leonard, S., and Haines, R. (2017). Enhancing the capabilities of municipalities for local Economic development through skills training. SocioEconomicChallenges, 1(4), 34-43. http://essuir.sumdu.edu.ua/handle/123456789/66300
- Kamara, R. D. (2020). Outcomes-based performance management through measuring indicators: Technium Social Sciences Journal, 9(1), 1-19. https://techniumscience.com/index.php/socialsciences/article/view/965
- Kamara, R. D. (2021). Accountability in the context of cooperative governance and Local Economic Development (LED) in South African local government. Megatrend Review, 18(1), pp23-42. http://megatrend.edu.rs/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Megatrend_revija_Vol_18_No_1_2021-
- Kamara, R. D. and Rabie, B. (2021) The efficacy of Policy and legal framework for cooperative governance and Local Economic Development (LED) in Small Towns in a selected region in South Africa, Public Management
- Kamara, R. D. (2021). Developing and implementing an effective framework for Cooperative governance and Local Economic Development (LED) in South African local government. Megatrend Review, 18(4), coming out in February, 2022
- Nordic-European Association for Development Research and Training Institute (EADI) International
- Conference in Norway (2017)
- 15th International Winelands Conference in South Africa (2016)
- Conference on Emerging views on Eastern Cape Economy, South Africa (2015)
- 4th Conference of South African Development Studies Association (2015).
Tel: 021 448 0050 Ext.