Cornerstone Institute (RF) NPC, is registered as a private higher education institution with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), under the Higher Education Act, 1997; Registration Certificate No.2001/HE08/006.
To confirm the accreditation status of Cornerstone programmes:
1. Go to the SAQA website at http://regqs.saqa.org.za/search.php
2. Select “Cornerstone Institute (RF) NPC” from the “Originator” drop-down list.
3. Click “GO” button to start the search. All the Cornerstone’s qualifications will now be displayed.
All our programmes are accredited by the Council on Higher Education
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in Psychology (academic)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in Psychology (BPsych Equivalent)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in Community Development
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education in Intermediate Phase Teaching
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology, Sociology, Theology, Media Studies majors)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics, Entrepreneurship, Industrial Psychology and Marketing majors)
- Bachelor of Theology in Community Leadership (Psychology, Sociology/Community Development, Business Studies and Christian Ministry majors)
- Higher Certificate in Community Counselling
- Higher Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Higher Certificate in Business Studies
The Council on Higher Education (CHE) is an independent statutory body with the responsibility to advise the Minister of Education on all matters related to higher education policy issues and quality assurance within higher education and training.
In addition, these programmes appear on the National Qualification Framework (NQF) of the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). SAQA is the body responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the NQF, established in terms of the SAQA Act no. 58 of 1995. Registration with the DHET, CHE and SAQA provides assurance that our programmes are of the highest standard. Our programmes are therefore nationally and internationally comparable, and the credits earned with us are truly “portable”, i.e. they can be transferred to other accredited, registered institutions.
Legal Status Cornerstone Institute is a Non-Profit Company (NPC). Registration Number: 2004/025078/08.
Memberships Cornerstone Institute (RF) NPC is a member of the Association of Private Providers of Education, Training and Development (APPETD). Established in 1997, APPETD is the national body representing the interests of private providers of education, training and development in South Africa. It is recognised as an ethical body that works toward establishing and maintaining the highest standards of education and training throughout the industry. Cornerstone Institute (RF) NPC is an affiliate member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). Students from American colleges, and universities, belonging to the CCCU, have the opportunity of enrolling in the Cornerstone Study Abroad programme.
Click here to view the DHET Registration Certificate 23 May 2019 B-BBEE Certification Cornerstone Institute RF (NPC) is certified as a Level 4 B-BBEE Contributor.