IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTICE
Dear Prospective and Returning Students
We’re excited to welcome, 2023 new and returning students to Cornerstone Institute for Semester 2. Classes start on Monday, 10th July 2023.
Please note that re-registration for returning students, and new student registrations are opening on 3 May 2023 and will close 30 June 2023
To ensure a smoot process for application and registration make sure that your application form is completed with all fields populated.
- Bachelor of Arts (Alternative Education) – is not an Education qualification
- PGCE IP and FP – to meet the undergraduate requirements for entry you to provide us with a full transcript with credits and NQF levels, as well as complete the necessary specialization fields on the application form.
- For PFCE IP also note that we do not offer the Social Science Didactics undergraduate modules (History and Geography) and Science and Technology undergraduate modules and you can only select those options if you have the undergraduate modules up to NQF level 6 in you previous degree.
All best wishes, Cornerstone Institute.
HEREWITH THE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Registration Instructions for First Time Registrations:
- Go to https://aas.cornerstone.codespace.co.za/apply
- Complete the form
- You will be guided to log into AAS
- Complete the application and registration by following the prompts on AAS.
- Remember to set your password and to keep it somewhere safe for future reference.
Registration Instructions for Returning Registrations:
- Go to https://aas.cornerstone.codespace.co.za/apply
- Log into your profile
- Select your modules and follow the prompts for payment.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Modules will not be available on Funda until closer to class commencement.
- You will currently only be able to register for Semester 1. If you wish to register for the full year of 2023, please send a ticket to helpdesk clearly marked as S2 2023 Registration with the list of modules and we will assist you with adding the Second Semester modules.
- Please consult the Yearbook 2023 for the changes to module names and codes and to find the correct modules for you to register for.
For any assistance with your application or registration log a ticket with at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 SEMESTER TWO CURRICULUM GRIDS:
- 2023 BA Alternative Education Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BA Media Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BA Media Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BA Psychology NDP Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BA Psychology NDP Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BA Psychology Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BA Psychology Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BA Sociology and Psychology Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BA Sociology and Psychology Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BA Sociology Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BA Sociology Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BA Theology Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BA Theology Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Business Studies Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Business Studies Distance, S2 link
2023 BTHCL Christian Ministry Contact
- 2023 BTHCL Christian Ministry Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Community Development Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Community Development Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Media Studies Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Media Studies Distance, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Psychology Contact, S2 link
- 2023 BTHCL Psychology Distance, S2 link
2023 Higher Certificate in Business Studies (HCBS), link
- 2023 Higher Certificate in Community Counselling (HCCC), S2 link
- 2023 Higher Certificate in Community Development (HCCD) Contact, S2 link
- 2023 Higher Certificate in Community Development (HCCD) Contact for Retruning Students, S2 link
- 2023 Higher Certificate in Christian Ministry (HCCM) Contact, S2 link
Postgraduate Certificate in Education in both Foundation Phase Teaching (PGCE FP) and Intermediate Phase Teaching (PGCE IP)
In order to register students must be in possession of an Acceptance Letter, the modules they would like to register for (refer to Curriculum grid or yearbook).
Once Registration is open, you can register via Returning Students logging into the Student Portal.
To expedite the process please ensure that you include the Proof of payment of the Initial payment fee (R5000).
Your form will go through the following process:
- Capturing the information on our student portal
- Finance check
- Module check
- Final check and issuing of proof of registration
- Thereafter the modules will be captured on Funda
Students are responsible for ensuring that they select the correct modules and the Institution will not be held responsible for incorrect choices of the student.
Amendments can only be made during the amendments period (the first two weeks of the Semester), so please ensure that when you register you select the correct modules.
Part-time needs to register for 60 – 80 credits per year and full-time for approximately 136 credits.
Your registration will be processed and you will receive Proof of Registration. Please check the proof of registration to ensure that you have registered for the correct modules. Once your modules is available on Funda please check that the modules correspond with the Proof of Registration received.
To help you plan your studies, be aware that each credit takes 10 hours of work. So if a module is worth 12 credits, it will take you 120 hours to complete, which includes lectures, readings, research, assignments etc. If you are not working and are dedicating your time to your studies, a full load for a year is 120 to 130 credits. If you are working full-time you might struggle to take more than 60 to 70 credits in a year.
Please check our website for the programme you are taking so that you can see all the modules that the programme is comprised of.
For more details, see the Yearbook on the website under the drop down “Student Information”.