Higher Certificate in Business Studies
(Minimum one year, maximum 3 years, 124 credits)
- A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational (with certificate pass)
- A Matriculation Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age of 45 years can be admitted, determined by the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) portfolio of evidence provided.
- The National Benchmark Test (NBT) results.
Sharon Brand completed her BPharm degree at UCT in 1986 and her BCom degree at Unisa in 1996. Subsequently, she completed Hons BB&A (Cum Laude) and MBA (Cum Laude) degrees at the University of Stellenbosch Business School and is pursuing a Ph.D. in new product forecasting.
Sharon spent 16 years working in the pharmaceutical industry at WarnerLambert and Pfizer, achieving a senior National Supply Chain Manager position. Next, Sharon became Deputy Director in the provincial government to manage the supply chain of medicines. Afterward, Sharon joined the Linde group’s local affiliate, Afrox, as regional supply chain manager, SAP business coach, and Six Sigma Black Belt to lead and improve supply chain processes. For the past 12 years, Sharon has researched and codified supply chain management best practices that drive continuous improvements in multinational corporations’ value chains.
Sharon’s focus areas at Cornerstone Institute include business management, operations and supply chain management, business analytics, economics, and finance.
Students who have completed the qualification should be able to:
- Fully engage with modern business environments
- Bring applied skills and critical thinking to contemporary business challenges
- Advance the development and scaling of their own business
- Apply ethically sound judgement and sustainable models
- Collaborate effectively with peers and other stakeholders
- Use data analytics and problem-solving to make well-informed business decisions
- Seamlessly continue with further studies in business
Students who complete this programme will be eligible for two bridging modules to move into their second year of Bachelor of Commerce.
Module descriptions and credits
For a description of each module, see ‘Module descriptions’ herewith above. Otherwise, get in touch with us via helpdesk for further inquiries.