Bachelor of Theology in Community Leadership: Media Studies (minimum 376 Credits)
This programme enables graduates to become community leaders through a wide variety of media projects (e.g. NGO, churches, production companies, advertising agencies). We aim to produce media workers who approach their task from deep Christian convictions and acquire the theology, biblical studies and media knowledge, tools and skills that these studies can provide. During their first year, the student will also take the foundational set of modules, referred to as the ‘Cornerstone Core’. These include History, Sociology, Ethics, Philosophy, Economics and Leadership Studies. These modules are embedded with Cornerstone’s core values of inclusivity, excellence, integrity, unity, respect and creativity.
Richard Mee, a graduate of Cornerstone institute and Head of Philosophy, Ethics and Religious Studies Department, completed a BPsych Equivalent (Pastoral Counselling) with UNISA and an MTh (Practical Theology) with Stellenbosch University. As a registered counsellor and a Pastoral Theology graduate, Richard teaches in both the Psychology and Theology disciplines.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a bachelor’s pass or equivalent.
- A Matriculation Certificate (with university exemption) or equivalent.
- A Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in a cognate field.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with a diploma pass (or equivalent) combined with the results of the NBT.
- Mature age of 23 and over during the first year of studies and a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- The conditions of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Policy for Access and the results of the NBT are determining factors for admission. Contact the admissions office regarding RPL.
- Mature age of 45 years can be admitted, determined by the RPL conditions and the results of the NBT.
- Minimum three years
- Maximum six years part-time
- On campus and online
- January and July intakes
Tuition Cost (click here)
- Information Skills
- Philosophy I
- Biblical Studies I, II and III
- Theological Studies I, II and III
- Media Studies I, II and III
- Media Project
Please click here for module descriptions and credits.
Registered as Cornerstone Institute (RF) NPC with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997, Registration Certificate No 2001/HE08/006; NQF 7; SAQA ID 57225