[ WEFT Reg. no. 4260/2003 NPO 043-435 Vat. 4540225366]
COO: Stemray I. Lesch
Important: Read this document before completing the Scholarship form
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE PART PAYMENT
1. Scholarships are ONLY awarded to students RESIDING in the REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA: to students that MATRICULATED in the REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA and who are South African Citizens.
1.1. If you stop your studies without the approval of the TRUSTEES, you will be liable to repay the scholarship in FULL to WEFT within three months of WEFT becoming aware of your stopping your studies.
2. Scholarships are awarded to students who, upon successful completion of each course level, will be funded for the subsequent level to attain a first tertiary qualification. Post Graduate studies are excluded [unless you have done your initial degree while receiving a scholarship from WEFT or your undergraduate studies have been through Cornerstone.]
3. Scholarships are awarded for FULL-TIME courses at Registered (SAQA) public institutions. Scholarships are not awarded for part-time studies. Scholarships are not available to applicants in full-time employment.
4. A new application must be made for each year of the course of study. No scholarship will be awarded to students who are carrying subjects from the previous year of university studies.
5. All the information required must be entered onto the form. ATTACH ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO THE APPLICATION FORM. The information on this form is confidential. INCORRECT INFORMATION WILL DISQUALIFY THE APPLICATION.
5.1 Furnish a certified copy of proof of address and ID.
6. The Foundation will not pursue missing information. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. Applications are finally approved when the Foundation receives certified copies of final academic results or Matriculation results.
7.1 MID-YEAR RESULTS must be sent before the end of July.The END of YEAR Results for Matriculants: before 31 JANUARY 2019!!
8. Matriculants must submit their official June and September of Grade 12 results and the final Matric Results by 31 January 2019.
8.1 Students entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th study year must submit the official results of their previous year. Scholarships will be withheld and even withdrawn if results are not submitted in time.
8.2 Deadline for 2018 End of Year Examination results: is 31 January 2019; at 12:00
8.3 Interviews will be held at the Main Campus of Cornerstone.
8.4 If you do not make yourself available for our interviews- your application will not be processed any further.
8.5 You shall be placed on a month probation period until the end of February 2019.
9. It is ESSENTIAL to PROVIDE an email address [other than your university email address]. Email is the preferred method of communication.
9.1 Create a Gmail [Google] or Ymail [Yahoo] account so you can read email on a DAILY basis on your MOBILE telephone!!! READ your university and private email accounts regularly!! DO NOT HAND IN YOUR APPLICATION WITHOUT SUPPLYING YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS – WE USE EMAILS TO MAKE CONTACT WITH STUDENTS. IF YOU DO NOT GIVE THIS INFORMATION YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!!!!
10. ENCLOSE A COLOUR ID PHOTOGRAPH WITH YOUR APPLICATION-if you are a first-time applicant.
11. Beneficiaries of scholarships should participate or volunteer in community-based projects/programmes or do job shadowing with prospective employers. Such proof should be forwarded with your application. TUITION FEES ARE PAID ONLY if you have done community service. Please inform me what community SERVICE you are involved in!! THE CLOSING DATE for existing scholarship holders is 31st October 2018 and 31st January 2019 for 1st-year students.
Go to www.stoogle.co.za for tips of other scholarships
Address: 225 Bree Street Cape Town 8001
Telephone: 021 855 1284
Fax: 086 541 7820
Skype: stemvandiekaap Mobile-084 302 1881
Download the Scholarship form