27 November 2018
(Head of Psychology Department and Senior Lecturer,
Hosted by the Department of Psychology, Cornerstone Institute)
WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE WORKSHOP?
- This workshop will explore various techniques and methods in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy, including a focus on trauma
- It will equip you with practical tools to enhance the client’s personal coping skills in a variety of contexts and settings.
- Role plays and feedback as primary tools for developing skills.
- A short-term-goal-oriented approach, with a focus on strengths and resources
AIMS OF THE WORKSHOP:
- To teach SFBT, counselling skills of Scaling, Goal setting, Coping and Collaboration with a focus on trauma
- To focus on solutions, for you to be able connect with the client and not just their problem/s.
- Develop basic principles and assumptions of Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Implement Solution Focused interviewing and Counselling skills
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Geraldine Franciscus is the Head of Psychology Department and a Senior Lecturer in Psychology. Geraldine is a Counselling Psychologist with an area of interest in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Prior to teaching at Cornerstone Institute, she worked at the Institute for Child and Family Development (UWC) on the Child Protective Services Training Programme.
Research interests include Systematic Reviews looking at Adolescent Research Taking behaviour and Solution Focussed Brief Therapy and its effectiveness.
She has been a Psychology Lecturer for 17 years and also been involved in setting up Student Counselling Services, offering therapy, training and supervising postgraduate psychology students, interns and registered counsellors, running psycho-educational workshops for NGO’s, Schools, Health Department- mental healthcare workers & occupational therapists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses and social workers.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CPD POINTS IS WITH THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA (HPCSA).
Spaces are limited please book early to avoid disappointment, for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (021) 448 0050
- Date: Tuesday, 27 November 9:30 am – 3:30 pm (registration starts 9:00 am)
- Venue: Cornerstone Institute, Cnr. of Durham and Victoria Roads Salt River
- Costs: The registration fee for the workshop is R800 pp. person. Light Lunch and refreshments will be served.
- CPD points: 5 CPD points with HPCSA
If you would like to attend, kindly complete the attached Registration Form and email it to email@example.com by the 15 November 2018.