Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2019
Time: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm (registration starts 9:00 am)
Venue: Cornerstone Institute, 4th Floor, 2 Roggebaai Square, Foreshore, Cape Town
Closing date for applications: 3 June 2019 (2nd semester intake)
Head of Psychology Department and Senior Lecturer,
Hosted by the Department of Psychology, Cornerstone Institute
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Geraldine Franciscus is the Head of Psychology Department and a Senior Lecturer in Psychology. Geraldine is a Counselling Psychologist with an area of interest in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Prior to teaching at Cornerstone Institute, she worked at the Institute for Child and Family Development (UWC) on the Child Protective Services Training Programme.
Geraldine is currently involved in pursuing PhD studies. Research interests includes Systematic Reviews looking at Adolescent Research Taking behaviour and Solution Focussed Brief Therapy and its effectiveness.
She has been a Psychology Lecturer for 18 years and also been involved in setting up Student Counselling Services, offering therapy, training and supervising post graduate psychology students, interns and registered counsellors, running psycho-educational workshops for NGO’s, Schools, Health Department- mental healthcare workers & occupational therapists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses and social workers.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE WORKSHOP?
- This workshop will explore various techniques and methods in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy with Adolescents and Children.
- It will equip you with practical tools to enhance the adolescent client’s personal coping skills in a variety of contexts and settings.
- Role plays and feedback as primary tools for developing skills.
- A short-term-goal-oriented approach, with a focus on strengths and resources
AIMS OF THE WORSHOP:
- To teach SFBT, counselling skills of Scaling, Goal setting, Coping and Collaboration with a focus on adolescents.
- To focus on solutions, for you to be able connect with the adolescent and not just their problem/s.
- Develop basic principles and assumptions of Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- Implement Solution Focussed interviewing and Counselling skills with Adolescents
PLEASE NOTE THAT CPD POINTS IS WITH THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA (HPCSA). Spaces are limited please book early to avoid disappointment, for further information email: email@example.com or call her at (021) 448 0050 ext. 2303
Date: Tuesday, 15 October 9:30 am – 3:30 pm (registration starts 9:00 am)
Venue: Cornerstone Institute, 5th floor, 2 Roggebaai Square, Foreshore, Cape Town
Costs: The registration fee for the workshop is R800 pp. person. Light Lunch and refreshments will be served.
CPD points: 5 CPD points with HPCSA
If you would like to attend, kindly complete the attached Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 14 October 2019.