Date: Thursday, 23 May 9:30 am – 3:30 pm (registration starts at 9:00 am)
Venue: Cornerstone Institute, 4th floor, 2 Roggebaai Square, Foreshore, Cape Town.
Costs: The registration fee for the workshop is R1000 pp. person. Light Lunch and refreshments will be served.
CPD points: 5 CPD points with HPCSA
Dr Elmarie Venter
(Counselling Psychologist & Psychology Lecturer)
Hosted by the Department of Psychology, Cornerstone Institute
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Elmarie has been in private practice as a psychologist for the past 25 years (since 1994). She is a registered counselling psychologist (B.Soc.Sc.; H.B.Soc.Sc; M.Soc.Sc (UOFS) with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, a Clinical Hypnotherapist registered with the Wellness Institute (USA) as well as an Imago Relationship Therapist registered with the Imago Relationship Therapy Institute (USA) as well as Imago Africa. Elmarie also holds Masters and Doctorate degrees in Transpersonal psychology and has provided psychotherapeutic services in individual, couple and group environments. She also offers regular short courses, seminars and workshops. Elmarie has developed a coaching program titled: “A coaching model for the development of spiritual intelligence”. She is a psychology lecturer at Cornerstone Institute, involved in lecturing pre- and post-graduate students, as well as in the training and supervising of post graduate psychology students, and registered counsellors.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CPD POINTS IS WITH THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA (HPCSA). Spaces are limited please book early to avoid disappointment, for further information email: email@example.com or call her at (021) 448 0050 ext. 2303
WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE WORKSHOP?
- This workshop will explore couple dynamics from a developmental perspective
- Principles and assumptions of Imago Relationship Therapy
- From romantic love to power struggle: understanding the dynamics
- Various techniques and methods in facilitating a couples’ growth and development: discussed and demonstrated
- Principles of emotional containment and connection as facilitation tools
- It will equip you with practical tools to assist couples with developing strengths and resources for empowerment
- The Art of facilitation of a couple dialogue
If you would like to attend, kindly complete the attached Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 20 May 2019.