Solution Focussed Brief Therapy with Adolescents Training
Hosted by the Department of Psychology at Cornerstone Institute this training workshop will:
* explore various techniques and methods in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy with Adolescents
* equip you with practical tools to enhance the adolescent client’s personal coping skills in a variety of contexts and settings.
* use role play and feedback as primary tools for developing these skills.
* Apply the principles and assumptions of Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
* use strengths and resources based approach to assist adolescents in developing solutions to their problems
The training workshop will be presented by Geraldine Franciscus, Head of Psychology and Senior Lecturer at Cornerstone Institute. Geraldine (M.Psych) is a Counselling Psychologist with an area of interest in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. She has been a Psychology Lecturer for 16 years and also been involved in setting up Student Counselling Services, offering therapy, training and supervising post graduate psychology students, interns and registered counsellors, running psycho-educational workshops for NGO’s, Schools, Health Department- mental healthcare workers, occupational therapists, psychologists and psychiatric nurses and social workers.
Costs: The registration fee for the workshop is R700/ person. Light lunch and refreshments will be served.
CPD points: 5 CPD points with HPCSA
Who should attend?
Psychologists, registered counsellors, psychology interns and psychology students, mental health professionals and life orientation teachers.
If you would like to attend please request a registration form from Magan Erasmus by emailing her at email@example.com by Monday, 28 August 2017.