Workshop: Couples Counselling – based on the principles of Imago Couples Counselling
Presented by Dr Elmarie Venter (Counselling Psychologist & Senior Psychology Lecturer) and Hosted by the Department of Psychology, Cornerstone Institute.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE WORKSHOP?
• This workshop will explore couple dynamics from a developmental perspective
• Principles and assumptions of Imago Relationship Therapy
• From romantic love to power struggle: understanding the dynamics
• Various techniques and methods for facilitating the growth and development of a couple will be discussed and demonstrated
• Principles of emotional containment and connection as facilitation tools
• It will equip you with practical tools to assist couples with developing strengths and resources for empowerment
• The Art of facilitation of a couple dialogue
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Elmarie has been in private practice as a psychologist for the last 24 years (since 1994). She is a registered counselling psychologist (B.Soc.Sc.; H.B.Soc.Sc; M.Soc.Sc) with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, a Clinical Hypnotherapist registered with the Wellness Institute (USA) as well as an Imago Relationship Therapist registered with the Imago Relationship Therapy Institute (USA) as well as Imago Africa. Elmarie also holds Masters and Doctorate degrees in Transpersonal psychology and has provided psychotherapeutic services in individual, couple and group environments. She also offers regular short courses, seminars and workshops. Elmarie is currently in the process of completing a PhD in Consulting Psychology (University of South Africa) with a thesis titled “A coaching model for the development of spiritual intelligence in the workplace”. She is a psychology lecturer, offering therapy, training and supervising postgraduate psychology students, interns and registered counsellors.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CPD POINTS IS WITH THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA (HPCSA).
Spaces are limited please book early to avoid disappointment, for further information email: email@example.com or call her at (021) 448 0050 ext. 2229
Costs: The registration fee for the workshop is R800 pp. person.
Light Lunch and refreshments will be served.
CPD points: 5 CPD points with HPCSA
If you would like to attend, kindly complete the attached Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 17 May 2018.